“OLMC has liberated our children to reach for excellence, wisdom and virtue. They have never been happier or more fulfilled!” – Johanna & Jay W.
At Our Lady of Mount Carmel School, we are dedicated to serving our community by preparing children to realize their God-given potential, to succeed in every field of study, and to live full and happy lives.
We’ve been educating future leaders of this community for more than 150 years, and we are committed to continue to provide our students with the best Catholic education available.
In an atmosphere of Christian charity and joyful inquiry, our students grow in their love for God, the Church, one another, and their studies. Together, they learn to be the scholars, citizens, and saints of tomorrow.
Our approach to education is directly informed by the Catholic understanding of what it means to be human.
We educate the whole person in light of the conviction that every child is created in the image and likeness of God.
- Each child is unique and infinitely precious – therefore we celebrate each student’s particular gifts in a nurturing atmosphere
- All people are curious by nature and seek understanding – therefore we foster and encourage a lifelong spirit of inquiry
- We are created to live in community with God and with one another – therefore we are committed to the formation of virtue and good character
- We have a responsibility to love our neighbors as ourselves – therefore we cultivate intentional civic-mindedness
- The Church is the steward of our Faith and sustains us in striving to follow God’s plan for our lives – therefore we nurture an appreciation for liturgy and Catholic traditions
Our Lady of Mount Carmel School was established in 1863 for the education of the children of the parish and the community.
Today, Our Lady of Mount Carmel sustains its educational ministry in service to families in the region.
Open to all, our classrooms foster academic excellence, spiritual devotion, and good character in a nurturing and stimulating environment and through a Classical liberal-arts curriculum dedicated to the school Mission.
The Whole Student
An engaging classroom is at the heart of the student’s experience at Our Lady of Mount Carmel, but a commitment to educating the whole student—mind, body, and soul—makes it imperative to provide a range of enriching activities, including:
- Weekly Mass attendance
- Weekly adoration
- Monthly confession, grades 1-8
- Competitive athletics, including cross country and basketball
- Public speaking and forensics competitions
- One-on-one faculty tutoring
- AfterCare program
- Theater and performing arts programs